Preeclampsia is a condition in the background of pregnancy in which arterial hypertension develops and a protein appears in the urine. In addition, pre-eclampsia is often accompanied by the appearance of edema of the upper and lower extremities. Developing hypertension with significant proteinuria in the 2-3 trimester of pregnancy, but in rare cases may appear earlier.
Who is at risk of developing pre-eclampsia?
The likelihood of earning high blood pressure and protein in the urine is higher for the first pregnancy, especially at a very young age or after 40 years. Among the risk factors, the following can also be distinguished:
- a hypertensive disease in the anamnesis;
- pre-eclampsia in history;
- cases of development of hypertension and proteinuria in relatives (mother, grandmother, sister);
- severe obesity;
- complicated pregnancy, including multiple pregnancies;
- high blood glucose;
- systemic lupus erythematosus;
- impaired renal function;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
It is important to know that slight puffiness can develop during normal pregnancy, but if the swelling does not disappear after rest, you should consult a doctor for a more precise diagnosis.
What preparations can appoint or nominate at a puffy syndrome on a background of a preeclampsia?
If puffiness greatly worries a woman, and in the urine a significant level of protein is detected, the doctor can prescribe a diuretic. Effective drug is Lasix based on furosemide. It belongs to the class of loop diuretics (causes a strong, but rapidly passing diuresis). Due to its action, it relieves excess fluid (relieves puffiness), as well as reduces blood pressure. The action of Lasix is carried out within 5-10 minutes after administration. The duration of drug activity is approximately 3 hours.
What conditions can cause withdrawal from Lasix?
If a pregnant woman has any of the following features of health, then treatment with the drug is strictly prohibited:
- hepatic coma of varying severity;
- lack of urine accumulation in the bladder;
- accumulation of uric acid in the tissues of the body;
- ischemic disease with myocardial damage;
- prekomatoznye state of any etiology;
- excessive sugar in the blood with the development of coma on this background;
Drug is not recommended for early pregnancy, breastfeeding, as well as hypersensitivity to the drug.
Can I buy Lasix without a doctor’s prescription?
Lasix can be bought without a prescription, but before taking it you need to be examined by a specialist and determine an effective treatment regimen.